Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ad free windows live mail

If you are using windows live mail you may already have experienced the MSN Ad appear in right side of screen.
Photobucket

Since I'm using my live mail account often this space taken by Ad was a headache for me. So today I found a solution to remove that Ad space from my screen (So dont have to close that Ad every time it appears).

1.)This works in Firefox only becoz its done by a Firefox add-on called Greasemonkey. I do not know much of the things that can be done by this Fierfox extension but I know that it can change the webpage layouts we load dynamically by configuring a script in it. So download this and install in your Firefox browser.

2.)Then you have to download this user script from http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8228. Down load this using Firefox and it will get installed in to Greasemonkey when you installing. This is the script that does the trick removing MSN Ad giving more space. Then load you live mail again, and it will look like this.(see the Greasemonkey icon in bottom right hand side corner of my browser screenshot)

Photobucket

Be careful using Greasemonkey becoz scripts add from unreliable sources can be harmful.And you can enable disable it by clicking on Greasemonkey icon on your browser.

Use your live mail with more freedom using full screen with out Ads and don't have to pay for upgrading too

;-)

Enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RAINDROP Headline Animator